Job Announcement – Patient Registry Coordinator
The National Pancreas Foundation is looking for a full-time Registry Information Systems Coordinator. This is an exciting new position to help build and grow our National Patient Registry. Please review the job description below and if you are interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Registry Information Systems Coordinator facilitates the activities and functions of the National Patient Registry (NPR). Contributing to the development and implementation of a NPR, that will bring together data from patients and cutting-edge researchers, all working to improve care and develop new and better therapies for individuals suffering from pancreatic cancer, pancreatitis, and other pancreatic disease.
- Coordinates and manages the operation of the NPR
- Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisors and customers, both internal and external
- Supports the NPR educational and marketing efforts, assisting in the development of communications and promotional literature for distribution
- Serves as a resource for institutional and patient partners
- Efficiently and independently plans time, meets deadlines, initiates and follows through on tasks to ensure that goals and objectives specified for various programs are accomplished
- Coordinates the daily operations of the NPR in conjunction with the executive director
- Assists in preparation of proposals for funding from corporate sponsors
- Provides support with compiling and providing medical related reports on request from medical staff, researchers, and administrative staff
- Prepares periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action
- Assist in recruiting program partners and patients, utilizing the most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures, board members, medical relationships, and presentations at meetings.
- Assists in facilitating workshops, webinars, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications
- Interacts and maintains liaison with patients, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Assists in the production of the Annual National Patient Registry Report
- Assists in the planning and revising of departmental procedures
- Participates in national and regional studies
- Communicates with patients as necessary to facilitate follow up
- Other responsibilities assigned by the executive director
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific or technically relevant field
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to five years experience coordinating or managing robust interactive database systems.
- Previous experience in patient registries very desirable
- Experience in project management
- Proven ability to successfully manage database projects on time and on budget
- Experience working with medical institutions, government agencies, expert stakeholder
- groups, and others
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starting and goal-oriented; able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented philosophy with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and data base management