Research Grants and Awards
The National Pancreas Foundation (NPF) is a private, non-profit organization established to support the funding of research related to pancreatic diseases. It also provides support for the men, women, and children who are suffering from diseases of the pancreas.
2018 Research Grant submissions are due by January 31, 2018.
Using a single electronic file (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format), the application format should be as follows using the headings listed below.
- Title; Name and Affiliation of PI and all key investigators
- Abstract: limited to 300 words
- Grant Content to be restricted to 3 pages (1” margins and Arial or similar font with minimum 11 size) and organized as follows: Specific Aims, Background and Significance, Preliminary Data, Proposed Studies and Methods.
- Literature cited
- Budget Justification: Not more than one page. Justification for salary support and supplies and equipment listed in the budget page should be detailed.
- Biosketch and Other Support (maximum of 5 pages) should be submitted in NIH format for the Principal Investigator and other investigators listed in the application. Potential overlap with other funding should be clearly detailed.
- The application should be submitted via electronic version as a single file in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format should be submitted from the NPF website at www.pancreasfoundation.org/research/research-grant-application
- The Principal Investigator and the Institutional Representative must sign the application before it will be accepted for review.
- The Abstract portion of the application should contain enough information to adequately explain the project and its relevance to the pancreas.
- The budget should be inclusive and for direct costs only. Justification is needed for all equipment purchases over $ 500.00.
- The Attestation Statement must be read and signed by the Principal Investigator. Item number 8 refers to the Investigator’s commitment that the research will be conducted under the supervision of an Institution at which appropriate standards and oversights are working.
Please submit the application via electronic file in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format as described above to the NPF website here. We will only accept applications electronically please do not mail a paper copy to the NPF office.
Notification The notification of the decision of the Board of Directors regarding funding will be mailed to the applicant and the Institutional Representative after the Board meets, usually in late April or early May.